10/10 Photography Circle: October 2016 edition
Ljubljana city, the european green capital.
Slovenia is a very small country very easy to visit if you’re on your way south to Croatia or North to Austria and Germany. This country offers everything that one might like: mountains (Alps), sea (Mediterranean), forests, lakes, nice cities and villages. And lots of good cakes and drinks! Let me give you some ideas for a short stop in Ljubljana and its surroundings.
- Play finding all the dragons of the city.
- Throw an old pair of shoes on the wire and be a part of this land art / street art in the old city.
- Enjoy the view on the terrasses in the old city and have a drink or two. Beer and coffee are kind of a tradition. (Try the Lasko beer and the turkish coffee)
- Leave a lock graved with the name of your lover on a bridge of the old city.
- Hire a bike and enjoy the city riding a bike. It’s very easy as the city is flat.
- Spend a day out of the city to the lake Bled. There, rent a boat, visit the castle, take the touristic train to have a tour of the lake. This is the most romantic place in Slovenia, according to our guide, a lot of people get married there. Don’t forget to have a coffee and cake with a view.
- Enjoy the shopping and the beautiful buildings and architecture of the city.
A few adresses:
- Drink a beer and have a complete diner at the brewery of the city : the Union
- Spend a night or two at the very nice hotel The Grand Union
- Have a nice diner at Valvosor
Follow the circle of photography to enjoy my friends pictures. I can’t wait to check the pictures of Jo.