The best Bayadere recipe from my grandma
Hey FFF, today i have something very special for you. A secret family recipe.
And good point, it’s so easy and no bake!
This is one of my fav recipe from my croatian grandma. My mum is know cooking that very often. She’s not very into cooking. I think the gens just skip my mum and came directly in me! 😉
OK so let me tell you something about my grandma. She was born in ex Yugoslavia and travelled a lot in europe (she spent years in Italy and Austria). Her cooking and especially baking were influenced by these countries.
I will try to share with you several of that legacy in the future.
Sorry for the ones who are allergic to nuts. I’m sure you could try it with hazelnuts or almonds.
- 300g of crumbs biscuits (petit beurre type)
- 225g of nuts in powder
- 300g of sugar
- 7 tbsp water
- 180g butter
- 210g chocolate
- 2 tbsp butter
- Melt the sugar into the water.
- Add the butter cut in pieces.
- Add and combine well with nuts and biscuits.
- It should make a paste.
- Stuff this paste into a squared dish.
- (Don't forget to use paper baking in the dish, it'll a lot easier to unmould the cake)
- Melt the chocolate and butter and frost the cake.
Enjoy it with a nice cup of tea and tell me what you think of it!