Hello my dear Fabulous Foodies!
This week i want to share with you this little experiment. I wasn’t sure to manage it, i was uncertain because i don’t have good picture of that tart.
But, still, the experiment was so yummy, that i have to share. It’s a crime not to do it.
Pecan pie? ok, it’s a classic, we know all about it… let’s rock it up and add some chocolate! There must be no harm in that!
So I made that pecan pie, inspiring myself and compiling several recipes from pinterest and the web. Of course and as usual, i didn’t have all the ingredients, especially the american ones, i had to invent.
I made a pâte brisée, the pecan pie mix and … cherry on the tart (hihi) my dark chocolate ganache. I have to say that the tart was much appreciated. It could be served with ice cream also. Sorry for the pictures my friends, because really it doesn’t look as nice as it tastes.
- pâte brisée:
- 200g flour
- 100g butter
- a little water
- pecan pie mix:
- 200g pecan nuts crushed or not as you like
- 4 eggs
- 125g mapple sirup
- 135g liquid honey
- 50g melted butter
- Chocolate ganache
- 150g liquid cream (30% fat)
- 150g dark chocolate in pieces
- In your KA or with your hands, make a bowl with the pâte. Add some water (not too much) to help it.
- Put the pâte brisée in the pie dish.
- Make de pecan mix.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Pour into the pie dish and bake for 45 min at 160°C.
- Let it cool totally.
- Boil the cream and pour on the chocolate.
- Mix gently to help the chocolate to melt.
- And pour your ganache on the pie.
- It's even better the day after!
Enjoy! and don’t be shy to tell me what you think! Have a nice week end!