Summer is coming!!! Yeah!!! And it brings a lot of good fruits and veggies, full of vitamines!
What about mixing fruits and vegetables in a salad? I always loved sweet and savory combined.
When tasting a new dish, it’s first an eye tasting. Looking at a colorful plate will send a message to your brain: « hey look at that! You are going to eat something very good! »
So I share with you those lovely salad plates for 2. The perfect romantic home picnic in the garden!
I added toasts of goat cheese and fresh raddish. Use some very good bread home made or from your french bakery 😉
How to build a veggie and fruity summer salad:
– Use a base of green salad leaves
– Grate some raw beetroot
– Cut a pomelo in dices
– Cut some strawberries
– Add some cashew nuts and your favorite sauce (I use olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sesame seeds)
Make a few toasts with young cheese (I used goat cheese but cream cheese should be perfect) and top them with slices of raddish.
You can use whatever raw fruits and veggies you have in your fridge. I like to add cherries also. And soon tomatoes will arrive!
- One salad
- 2 small raw beetroots grated
- one pomelo cut in dices
- 10 strawberries (cherries, blueberries...)
- A few raddish
- cashew nuts
- olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sesame seeds for the sauce
- Brown dark bread for toasts
- Goat cheese
- Wash the salad, and prepare the plates.
- Add some toasts topped with goat cheese
- Top them with thin slices of raddish
- Add the sauce or serve it on the side.