Hello my chocolate lovers friends!
Do you know those chocolate biscuits called Reese’s? It’s basically a chocolate cup filled with peanut butter. The adventurer husband discovered those chocolate biscuits on his first trip to the US. Since that, he has been dreaming of eating them. When we were travelling in Canada, he was so happy to find them. I tried for the first time to make homemade Reese’s. I spent a few
hours minutes browsing pinterest to mix some recipes.
The result was not bad, but I still have to improve the recipe. As you may see on the pictures, there was a lot of chocolate involved! The tasters of the day found my homemade Reese’s too chocolaty!
I’m just a pure dark chocolate addict, so that might be too strong for a lot of people. Next time I’ll try to make the chocolate layers thinner. And/or maybe use milk chocolate.
The fans of no bake bakery will be happy. Still it’s a bit long to fill in all the cups. If you are
lazy like me in a hurry just divide the recipe in 2 or use bigger cups.
So here we go with the first recipe (to improve)!
- Peanut butter mix:
- 100g melted butter
- 150g icing sugar
- 200g biscuits in crumbs
- 150g peanut butter (I use an organic raw version, no suggar added)
- 480g dark chocolate
- 40g butter
- Put the chocolate and butter to melt in a bain-marie
- Meanwhile mix altogether the peanut butter mix.
- Make a ball and let it cool in the fridge.
- Pour some chocolate in small cupcakes paper cup or in sillicone baking tin.
- Put the tin for a few minutes in the freezer.
- Make little balls of peanut butter mix and put them on the chocolate cups.
- Pour chocolate to cover the peanut butter mix.
- Let the reese's cool in the fridge.
- Serve directly from the fridge.
If you use paper cups, make sure to spread oil on the cups to remove your chocolate easily. I used silicon tin because it gives a very shiny look to chocolate. See the reflection of the coffee cup?
I really like to try to make homemade recipe of famous sweats like bars or biscuits.If you like Oreo, you may have a look at this recipe.
Have you ever try to do some? Enjoy!