What’s up in my kitchen? May 2016
In april there was an Easter cake baked. I used my friend’s Sam recipe for the base and added chocolate ganache and lollies.
In april, there was a big day for a big boy meaning work in the « kitchen-bakery ».
We organised a lego theme birthday but we had to change several times the activities to make the children play together. That was an excellent afternoon, they were all very nice. I kept it simple and made a crepe party. And I made my famous « pâte sucrée » to use the cute animals from Australia.
Can you believe I had kept very carefully those australian lollies? They were so yummy!!!! I’m definitly needing some more right now! Any australian friend reading this? haha!
The kids just love the simple things. Very easy to eat for little toddlers.
The cookies cutters were a gift from my aussies friends. Aren’t they lovely souvenirs for my kitchen?
One of my friend also celebrated her birthday and asked me to make her fav pie: lemon pie with meringue. I will share with you my little secrets for this pie. It’s such a good dessert.
You first have to make the perfect crust « pâte sucrée ».
Then make lemon curd. And the italian meringue. Here is the recipe, don’t be shy and ask questions in the comments if you find something tricky.
- Lemon curd:
- 100g of lemon juice
- 200g eggs
- 120g sugar
- 125g butter
- Italian meringue:
- 100g sugar
- 40g water
- 70g egg white
- Lemon curd:
- Put the juice, eggs and sugar in a pot to heat.
- Keep whipping on heat for 2 minutes.
- Put the cream to cool, add the butter and whip firmly.
- Italian Meringue:
- Put the sugar and water in a pot to boil.
- When 118°C, start to whip the eggs in a food processor.
- When the sugar is at 121°C, slowly pour it on the eggs.
- Keep whipping.
- When the crust is completly cool, add the cold lemon curd and finally the meringue with a pipping bag.
- I use a kitchen blowtorch to make the meringue look goldie.
This In my kitchen post is part of a great community writing about what’s up in their kitchen. I’m joining the gang with the Orgasmic Chef. Have a look at my friends kitchens! And see you in a month!