Healthy Monday Tueasday
Second week of the year and i already failed my monday blogging goals! So sorry, that was a weird time here and i wasn’t feeling so well. But i know we have to carry on and cook on!
I want to share this delicious recipe of veggie patties that i adapted from this great and famous blog.
It’s another veggie recipe. So it’s perfect for my healthy mondays posts!
What i like very much about that recipe is that my kids loved the quinoa patties and they usually don’t eat quinoa at all. The other thing that i liked so much is that it’s very adaptable and you can flavor them as you want, as you can, following season vegetables.
In the original recipe, they are pesto flavored. Of course as always, i’m missing some ingredients. So i decided to try 2 different flavors: mustard and tomato puree.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- ½ cup of coral lens baked in water all together
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup whole flour
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 piece of bread crushed
- 1 cut in dices shalott
- 1 tbs mustard
- 1 tbs tomato puree
- Once quinoa and lens are baked let it cool.
- Add the egg, bread crushed, shalott, flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix gently.
- Separate in two parts in two bowls.
- Add mustard in one of the part and tomato in the other.
- Mix gently.
- With a tbs or your hands make some balls.
- Put some flour to keep them to attach too much.
- And fried them in olive oil.
You could add spices and herbs of course. I didn’t, because i wanted my children to eat that! And they are that kind of kids you know… picky! It also can be transformed easily in a gluten free recipe using rice flour for exemple.
Enjoy the good and healthy food! While waiting for the sweet cakes recipes!