Healthy Mondays are back my friends!
Sorry I was a bit disconnected lately!
I know it’s spring here! But a warm filling soup is always good for rainy evenings!
I suggest today a totally veggie soup but still really filling and full of vegetarian proteins.
There are a lot of Minestrone soup recipes. Each italian family has its own recipe. The idea is to mix vegetables cut in dices, tiny soup pastas, and of course a mix of pulses (I bought mine in a packet at my organic food store: chickpeas, lentils, peas, beans…).
- 2 carrots
- 2 small potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup of mix pulses
- ½ cup of tiny pastas
- 2 veggie stock cubes
- 1 small container of tomato paste
- Herbs: thyme, basil, rosmarin
- The day before or in the morning for diner, soak the mix of pulses
- Cut all the vegetables in small dices.
- Put everything except pastas in a stewer.
- Add 2 liters of water.
- Let the soup cook itself for a long time on low heat.
- I said a long time. Like 1 hour or even more.
- When the veggies and legumes are cooked, add pastas and let them cook for a few minutes.
- And Voilà!
I love the kind of recipe that can be modified based on what you have in your fridge and cupboards. It’s also adaptable depending on seasons. Feel free to add any spices and herbs you have.
If you’d like it richer, just add a spoon of sour cream in your plate. It will be delicious.
Enjoy the good healthy food!